She seems to forget that if all the peaceful, stable, sensitive Vermont farmers had stayed home milking cows they never kill, there would be no Western culture (as we know it) for her to criticize.
Perhaps, in 200 years, we lowly Westerners will evolve to the level of her sensitive Vermont sweetie who doesn’t eat meat and sports a complicated goatee. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we will just have to try to tolerate uppity New Englanders with our good ol’ Western hospitality. "Once again, it’s a question of temperament — regional temperament."
Swan Valley, Montana
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land