The University of Colorado Natural Resources Law Center and the Colorado School of Mines are co-sponsoring a free one-day workshop on directional drilling for oil and gas in the Rocky Mountain region on Nov. 13 in Boulder. www.colorado.edu/law/centers/nrlc/events/workshop.htm
The Quivira Coalition will hold its third annual conference in Albuquerque, N.M., on Jan. 15-17. The topic will be “Ranching in Nature’s Image,” and the conference will feature speakers, workshops and a meeting of the Southwest Grassfed Livestock Alliance.
505-820-2544 The annual Great Backyard Bird Count, sponsored by the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, is coming. You can host the count in your backyard, Feb. 13-16, 2004.
- Andy Grosland on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Melissa McDowell on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here's what I'd like to say to them.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon