The University of Colorado Natural Resources Law Center and the Colorado School of Mines are co-sponsoring a free one-day workshop on directional drilling for oil and gas in the Rocky Mountain region on Nov. 13 in Boulder. www.colorado.edu/law/centers/nrlc/events/workshop.htm
The Quivira Coalition will hold its third annual conference in Albuquerque, N.M., on Jan. 15-17. The topic will be “Ranching in Nature’s Image,” and the conference will feature speakers, workshops and a meeting of the Southwest Grassfed Livestock Alliance.
505-820-2544 The annual Great Backyard Bird Count, sponsored by the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, is coming. You can host the count in your backyard, Feb. 13-16, 2004.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum