The University of Colorado Natural Resources Law Center and the Colorado School of Mines are co-sponsoring a free one-day workshop on directional drilling for oil and gas in the Rocky Mountain region on Nov. 13 in Boulder. www.colorado.edu/law/centers/nrlc/events/workshop.htm
The Quivira Coalition will hold its third annual conference in Albuquerque, N.M., on Jan. 15-17. The topic will be “Ranching in Nature’s Image,” and the conference will feature speakers, workshops and a meeting of the Southwest Grassfed Livestock Alliance.
505-820-2544 The annual Great Backyard Bird Count, sponsored by the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, is coming. You can host the count in your backyard, Feb. 13-16, 2004.
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- G M Ferguson on An electric-power giant is poised to fail