The University of Colorado Natural Resources Law Center and the Colorado School of Mines are co-sponsoring a free one-day workshop on directional drilling for oil and gas in the Rocky Mountain region on Nov. 13 in Boulder. www.colorado.edu/law/centers/nrlc/events/workshop.htm
The Quivira Coalition will hold its third annual conference in Albuquerque, N.M., on Jan. 15-17. The topic will be “Ranching in Nature’s Image,” and the conference will feature speakers, workshops and a meeting of the Southwest Grassfed Livestock Alliance.
505-820-2544 The annual Great Backyard Bird Count, sponsored by the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, is coming. You can host the count in your backyard, Feb. 13-16, 2004.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation