Shearwater Books, Island Press, 1718 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Suite 300, Washington, DC 20009. 380 pages, $24.95, illustrated by Laura Simonds Southworth.
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness