The Citizen’s Guide to Colorado Water Law, by the nonprofit Colorado Foundation for Water Education, provides a clear and simple overview of the legal and scientific fundamentals of water in the Centennial state. The booklet includes a history of the evolution of state water law, lessons in the acquisition and exchanges of water rights, a breakdown of the agencies that wheel and deal water — on paper and in rivers — and a glossary.
For more information, or to order a copy of the booklet or a free poster, visit www.cfwe.org or call 303-377-4433.
Citizen’s Guide to Colorado Water Law
Colorado Foundation for Water Education
33 pages, softcover $7.00, 2003.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation