The Citizen’s Guide to Colorado Water Law, by the nonprofit Colorado Foundation for Water Education, provides a clear and simple overview of the legal and scientific fundamentals of water in the Centennial state. The booklet includes a history of the evolution of state water law, lessons in the acquisition and exchanges of water rights, a breakdown of the agencies that wheel and deal water — on paper and in rivers — and a glossary.
For more information, or to order a copy of the booklet or a free poster, visit www.cfwe.org or call 303-377-4433.
Citizen’s Guide to Colorado Water Law
Colorado Foundation for Water Education
33 pages, softcover $7.00, 2003.
- Richard Crow on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- Sarah Tory on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?