Do you enjoy storytelling, sheep and Basque culture? Then get thee to Idaho on Oct. 10-12 for the Trailing of the Sheep Festival. The weekend-long festival ends with a parade of 2,000 sheep down the main street of Ketchum, Idaho. Call 800-634-3347 or visit www.trailingofthesheep.org.
The University of Colorado is co-sponsoring a Sustainable Resources 2003 Conference in Boulder, Sept. 29-Oct. 4. Speakers will include Paul Hawken, Robert Gough and Hunter Lovins. For more information, log onto www.sustainableresources.org or call 303-998-1323.
Head to Nevada’s Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area for the 9th Annual Harvest Festival on Oct. 11. Call 702-515-5350 or visit www.redrockcanyon.blm.gov.
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Robert Waddell on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon
- jim bolen on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Warren Anderson on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked