Do you enjoy storytelling, sheep and Basque culture? Then get thee to Idaho on Oct. 10-12 for the Trailing of the Sheep Festival. The weekend-long festival ends with a parade of 2,000 sheep down the main street of Ketchum, Idaho. Call 800-634-3347 or visit www.trailingofthesheep.org.
The University of Colorado is co-sponsoring a Sustainable Resources 2003 Conference in Boulder, Sept. 29-Oct. 4. Speakers will include Paul Hawken, Robert Gough and Hunter Lovins. For more information, log onto www.sustainableresources.org or call 303-998-1323.
Head to Nevada’s Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area for the 9th Annual Harvest Festival on Oct. 11. Call 702-515-5350 or visit www.redrockcanyon.blm.gov.
- A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Yosemite’s superintendent retires after discrimination allegations surface
- Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Larry Hartzke on Socialism and the West
- Hope Woodward on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Charles Yoder on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Keith B. on An argument against internet access in parks
- Deb Dedon on How the Dakota pipeline protest is spreading Westwide