June 9, 2003
A life-threatening stroke in Idaho’s Craters of the Moon National Monument puts the author’s fight for wilderness into perspective. Also in this issue: Frustrated by Utah’s anti-wilderness moves, the national outdoor-equipment industry threatens to move its twice-yearly giant Outdoor Retailer show out of Salt Lake City.
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho