The 46 million bikers can yell all they want to about how much they love nature, but they miss most of it as they try to conquer trails riding their bikes (HCN, 3/3/03: Get off and walk — wilderness is for wildlife). They don’t see the tiny little flowers or the small little animals that can be observed when walking and they surely miss all the birds! Any self-respecting large animal will be long gone by the time the riders even look up!
I would like to see fewer trails allowing these obnoxious people with their bikes.
Wilderness without bikes forever!
Penelope M. Blair
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep