The 46 million bikers can yell all they want to about how much they love nature, but they miss most of it as they try to conquer trails riding their bikes (HCN, 3/3/03: Get off and walk — wilderness is for wildlife). They don’t see the tiny little flowers or the small little animals that can be observed when walking and they surely miss all the birds! Any self-respecting large animal will be long gone by the time the riders even look up!
I would like to see fewer trails allowing these obnoxious people with their bikes.
Wilderness without bikes forever!
Penelope M. Blair
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?