The 46 million bikers can yell all they want to about how much they love nature, but they miss most of it as they try to conquer trails riding their bikes (HCN, 3/3/03: Get off and walk — wilderness is for wildlife). They don’t see the tiny little flowers or the small little animals that can be observed when walking and they surely miss all the birds! Any self-respecting large animal will be long gone by the time the riders even look up!
I would like to see fewer trails allowing these obnoxious people with their bikes.
Wilderness without bikes forever!
Penelope M. Blair
- Scott Veirs on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- David W Hamilton on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- Michael Bryant on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon