The 46 million bikers can yell all they want to about how much they love nature, but they miss most of it as they try to conquer trails riding their bikes (HCN, 3/3/03: Get off and walk — wilderness is for wildlife). They don’t see the tiny little flowers or the small little animals that can be observed when walking and they surely miss all the birds! Any self-respecting large animal will be long gone by the time the riders even look up!
I would like to see fewer trails allowing these obnoxious people with their bikes.
Wilderness without bikes forever!
Penelope M. Blair
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust