April 28, 2003
Fueled by money from casino gambling, New Mexico’s Indian pueblos and reservations are throwing their political weight into the state’s water tug-of-war. Also in this issue:Starting in Utah, Interior Secretary Gale Norton has slammed the door shut on new BLM wilderness proposals and inventories and wilderness study areas.
- Colleen Cabot on Meet the group that’s turning artists into nature’s advocates
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on Go ahead, control my guns
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Brandau on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.