April 14, 2003
Just as it seemed the local communities were starting to accept the BLM’s Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, the rise of conservative national politics has helped to revive old grudges and stir up opposition. Also in this issue: Conservationists say it’s too soon for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to declare that wolves are no longer endangered.
- James Foley on Homegrown anti-government militias threaten public safety
- Michael Bryant on Go ahead, control my guns
- Gus Dizerega on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Harold Johnson on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Thomas Arvensis on Go ahead, control my guns