Today, the Boise, Idaho-based Alliance serves as the voice of nonmotorized winter recreationists in national debates (such as that over snowmobiles in Yellowstone) and as a resource for grassroots groups seeking to protect winter recreation areas (HCN, 4/1/02: Move over!). The group’s Web site has updates on hot issues, activist resources and information about SnowSchool, a winter ecology field trip program for elementary school students.
To learn more about the Winter Wildlands Alliance, call 208/336-4203 or visit www.winterwildlands.org.
- Mark Rozman on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Larry Glickfeld on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.
- Laura Jean Schneider on Ranch Diaries: The risks of ranching on a wild landscape
- Ed Morrow on How bigotry is woven in with our Western roots
- Ed Morrow on This year’s weird Alaska winter should make us very, very nervous.