Today, the Boise, Idaho-based Alliance serves as the voice of nonmotorized winter recreationists in national debates (such as that over snowmobiles in Yellowstone) and as a resource for grassroots groups seeking to protect winter recreation areas (HCN, 4/1/02: Move over!). The group’s Web site has updates on hot issues, activist resources and information about SnowSchool, a winter ecology field trip program for elementary school students.
To learn more about the Winter Wildlands Alliance, call 208/336-4203 or visit www.winterwildlands.org.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation