Today, the Boise, Idaho-based Alliance serves as the voice of nonmotorized winter recreationists in national debates (such as that over snowmobiles in Yellowstone) and as a resource for grassroots groups seeking to protect winter recreation areas (HCN, 4/1/02: Move over!). The group’s Web site has updates on hot issues, activist resources and information about SnowSchool, a winter ecology field trip program for elementary school students.
To learn more about the Winter Wildlands Alliance, call 208/336-4203 or visit www.winterwildlands.org.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking