Today, the Boise, Idaho-based Alliance serves as the voice of nonmotorized winter recreationists in national debates (such as that over snowmobiles in Yellowstone) and as a resource for grassroots groups seeking to protect winter recreation areas (HCN, 4/1/02: Move over!). The group’s Web site has updates on hot issues, activist resources and information about SnowSchool, a winter ecology field trip program for elementary school students.
To learn more about the Winter Wildlands Alliance, call 208/336-4203 or visit www.winterwildlands.org.
- Keith B. on An argument against internet access in parks
- Deb Dedon on How the Dakota pipeline protest is spreading Westwide
- Greg Arnold on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Nancie McCormish on Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Tom Darnell on An argument against internet access in parks