Today, the Boise, Idaho-based Alliance serves as the voice of nonmotorized winter recreationists in national debates (such as that over snowmobiles in Yellowstone) and as a resource for grassroots groups seeking to protect winter recreation areas (HCN, 4/1/02: Move over!). The group’s Web site has updates on hot issues, activist resources and information about SnowSchool, a winter ecology field trip program for elementary school students.
To learn more about the Winter Wildlands Alliance, call 208/336-4203 or visit www.winterwildlands.org.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Steve Snyder on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?