February 17, 2003
Wyoming’s new governor, Democrat Dave Freudenthal, may have a chance to turn the stagnant state around economically and environmentally, by reducing its dependence on energy and mineral industries. Also in this issue: Some residents of Los Lunas, N.M., say the planned expansion of the wastewater treatment plant is designed to benefit the mayor, who wants to build a subdivision.
- Kate Robinson on Stop the rock-stacking
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution