April 20, 1992
The General Accounting Office (GAO) repeatedly criticizes the BLM for mismanaging livestock on public lands.
When Lloyd Todd joined the U.S. Forest Service in 1957, choices were much simpler than they are now. "At one time, we'd have said this is how much timber we're going to cut, period," he says. "Then there might have been an article or two in the paper, and I might have taken a cussing or two, but that would have been it."
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas