April 20, 1992
The General Accounting Office (GAO) repeatedly criticizes the BLM for mismanaging livestock on public lands.
When Lloyd Todd joined the U.S. Forest Service in 1957, choices were much simpler than they are now. "At one time, we'd have said this is how much timber we're going to cut, period," he says. "Then there might have been an article or two in the paper, and I might have taken a cussing or two, but that would have been it."
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans