March 23, 1992
HCN editor Ed Marston says: The dozen or so articles in this issue came out of two visits to the high desert country of southeastern Oregon in summer and fall 1991. I went there convinced that, perhaps over the medium term, public-land ranching was doomed."
- Jean Rohde on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Krista Langlois on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?