Wildlife refuges have never been just for wildlife. The 90 million-acre national wildlife refuge system also hosts military maneuvers, cattle, hunters, boaters and other "secondary" users. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/24.24/download-entire-issue
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico
- colt por on Is there a way through the West's bitter wild horse wars?