Wildlife refuges have never been just for wildlife. The 90 million-acre national wildlife refuge system also hosts military maneuvers, cattle, hunters, boaters and other "secondary" users. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/24.24/download-entire-issue
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day