February 10, 1992
... but the trouble is few want to hear that thousands of acres are poisonous to plants, cows and people.
The state's political leaders are talking in ever more militant tones in their battle to keep the nation's high-level nuclear waste out of Yucca Mountain. Yet these same politicians are the first to cry foul when anyone suggests even a temporary halt to testing nuclear weapons in the same southern Nevada desert.
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations