February 10, 1992
... but the trouble is few want to hear that thousands of acres are poisonous to plants, cows and people.
The state's political leaders are talking in ever more militant tones in their battle to keep the nation's high-level nuclear waste out of Yucca Mountain. Yet these same politicians are the first to cry foul when anyone suggests even a temporary halt to testing nuclear weapons in the same southern Nevada desert.
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change