July 13, 1992
Dams and coal hit the age of limits.
The region's electric system was built on vast resources, federal subsidies and freedom from environmental regulations. Now, the industry may be forced to change its strategy -- but not without a fight.
- Rich Schrader on How the West will feel groundwater shortages
- Rich Schrader on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- vince bandola on The Forest Service battles placer mining with an obscure law
- Deb Dedon on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution