July 13, 1992
Dams and coal hit the age of limits.
The region's electric system was built on vast resources, federal subsidies and freedom from environmental regulations. Now, the industry may be forced to change its strategy -- but not without a fight.
- Greg D. Lind on Stop the rock-stacking: a call for an end to cairns
- Paul V. Battaglia on A new report says we're draining our aquifers faster than ever
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story