November 28, 1994
An unusual consensus may stave off industrial tourism in Washington's Methow Valley.
Environmentalists sue state land board to institute "truly competitive bidding" on leases of state-owned land.
The Forest Service asked William Stafford to write poems for the scenic turnouts along the river valley. Poems reprinted.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town