Based on a novel by Native American writer and poet Adrian Louise, Skins centers on two brothers who live on the Pine Ridge Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. Lauded by film critics, who say the story breaks the stereotypes of Indian alcoholics, Skins reflects the realities of contemporary reservation life.
The movie opened in theaters nationwide on Oct. 11. Eyre's next movie, Skinwalkers, based on Tony Hillerman's novel about two Navajo detectives, opens on the PBS Mystery series on Nov. 24. For more information, visit the official Skins homepage at www.firstlookpictures.com/films/skins/index.html.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day