Based on a novel by Native American writer and poet Adrian Louise, Skins centers on two brothers who live on the Pine Ridge Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. Lauded by film critics, who say the story breaks the stereotypes of Indian alcoholics, Skins reflects the realities of contemporary reservation life.
The movie opened in theaters nationwide on Oct. 11. Eyre's next movie, Skinwalkers, based on Tony Hillerman's novel about two Navajo detectives, opens on the PBS Mystery series on Nov. 24. For more information, visit the official Skins homepage at www.firstlookpictures.com/films/skins/index.html.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman