Based on a novel by Native American writer and poet Adrian Louise, Skins centers on two brothers who live on the Pine Ridge Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. Lauded by film critics, who say the story breaks the stereotypes of Indian alcoholics, Skins reflects the realities of contemporary reservation life.
The movie opened in theaters nationwide on Oct. 11. Eyre's next movie, Skinwalkers, based on Tony Hillerman's novel about two Navajo detectives, opens on the PBS Mystery series on Nov. 24. For more information, visit the official Skins homepage at www.firstlookpictures.com/films/skins/index.html.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation