October 28, 2002
Tenacious animals like crows and coyotes have made a home for themselves in the suburbs - and even downtown areas - of places like Seattle and Phoenix. Can we make cities friendlier for less-adaptable species? Also in this issue: Hunters turn out in record numbers as Colorado tries to figure out just how serious the chronic wasting disease outbreak is.
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town