October 28, 2002
Tenacious animals like crows and coyotes have made a home for themselves in the suburbs - and even downtown areas - of places like Seattle and Phoenix. Can we make cities friendlier for less-adaptable species? Also in this issue: Hunters turn out in record numbers as Colorado tries to figure out just how serious the chronic wasting disease outbreak is.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman