These alarming statistics are included in a report released by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, a private nonprofit organization that provides support and services for government agency whistle-blowers. PEER annually compiles incidents of violence toward and harassment of employees of federal land-management agencies. "We do it because the agencies don't," says Jeff Ruch, PEER executive director.
The PEER Web site features the violence reports as well as profiles of environmental ethics cases, report cards of agencies' performance, and results from a survey of state and federal resource professionals. To learn more, call 202/265-7337 or visit www.peer.org.
- Mark Solomon on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Sarah Tory on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?