I just want to thank you for Jeff Golden's piece about finding the middle ground in the forest management debate (HCN, 9/16/02: A modest forest proposal for President Bush). We need more sensible, thoughtful people who understand the situation to reflect and contribute their thinking on how we can preserve wilderness, reduce huge wildfires and protect our watersheds.
We learned this summer in Colorado that what we have been doing isn't enough, and neither is letting commercial logging interests carve up what roadless areas remain to harvest old-growth timber under the guise of improving forest health. Thanks for his contribution.
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep