Twenty years after a Viet Cong rocket left him with a concussion and flesh wounds, Ron West has become a warrior for Blackfeet spiritual leaders fighting to preserve the Badger-Two Medicine area south of Glacier National Park. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/23.9/download-entire-issue
- Todd Leeds on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Candy Odiorne on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Carol Bartlett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Matt Chew on The beaver whisperer
- Mike Sennett on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas