December 30, 1991
An animal-rights activist has wounded or killed hunts for black bears in California and Colorado, grizzly bears and buffalo in Montana, and elk in Arizona, and has his sights set on other hunts in the West.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics