September 23, 1991
Missoulian reporter Richard Manning told how the logging business in Montana had taken a brutal turn that would punish the land, the local economy, and the small-time loggers and mills.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy