Regarding the article about habitat protection taking a hit under the Bush administration (HCN, 4/15/02: Habitat protection takes a critical hit), may I say about the Sierra Club's Bill Arthur quote: It takes one to know one.
It was the Clinton administration that waited for environmentalists to file lawsuits and then settled the cases "rather than defend the regulations ... 'It's easier to cut a quiet deal in the courtroom.' " (said Mr. Arthur).
The Sierra Club and other environmentalist groups certainly set an easy pattern for others to follow.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day