Regarding the article about habitat protection taking a hit under the Bush administration (HCN, 4/15/02: Habitat protection takes a critical hit), may I say about the Sierra Club's Bill Arthur quote: It takes one to know one.
It was the Clinton administration that waited for environmentalists to file lawsuits and then settled the cases "rather than defend the regulations ... 'It's easier to cut a quiet deal in the courtroom.' " (said Mr. Arthur).
The Sierra Club and other environmentalist groups certainly set an easy pattern for others to follow.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust