Regarding the article about habitat protection taking a hit under the Bush administration (HCN, 4/15/02: Habitat protection takes a critical hit), may I say about the Sierra Club's Bill Arthur quote: It takes one to know one.
It was the Clinton administration that waited for environmentalists to file lawsuits and then settled the cases "rather than defend the regulations ... 'It's easier to cut a quiet deal in the courtroom.' " (said Mr. Arthur).
The Sierra Club and other environmentalist groups certainly set an easy pattern for others to follow.
- A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Yosemite’s superintendent retires after discrimination allegations surface
- Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Keith B. on An argument against internet access in parks
- Deb Dedon on How the Dakota pipeline protest is spreading Westwide
- Greg Arnold on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Nancie McCormish on Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Tom Darnell on An argument against internet access in parks