Cal Samsel, based in Huson, Mont., runs a nine-mule team, delivering supplies to places in national forests in Idaho, Montana and the Dakotas where trucks can't drive and helicopters can't land. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/22.23/download-entire-issue
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked