October 22, 1990
A growing grassroots concern for the environment is driving the West's 1990 elections. See state-by-state election coverage.
A new invasion of mountain goats -- and a plan to shoot them -- is forcing Yellowstone resource managers to re-open the old debate over maintaining native and exotic species in America's oldest wildlife sanctuary.
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born