The Pueblo of Santa Ana sincerely appreciates the extensive coverage in the Nov. 19 issue to highlight our efforts to restore the Rio Grande bosque and river channel within our reservation lands. While we understand that the purpose of the article was to highlight Pueblo efforts, we feel it is important to acknowledge the significant role that the Bureau of Reclamation's Albuquerque Area Office and Socorro Field Division played in the river restoration activities. This two-mile river restoration effort involved years of extensive planning and coordination between the Pueblo and the Bureau.
We also want to point out that it was the Bureau's Socorro Field Division, not Santa Ana work crews, captured in the aerial photograph on page 10. Thank you again for your excellent coverage of the Pueblo's and our federal partners' restoration efforts.
Pueblo of Santa Ana, New Mexico
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?