As a displaced Montana native and student of Western history, I only began subscribing to HCN last year, although another Yellowstone Park buff had recommended it to me some time before. I've enjoyed reading about water, wildlife, ranching and other environmental issues covered in your paper. At the same time, I've been trying to make up my mind just what is the editorial bias of your paper. The opinion column by associate publisher Greg Hanscom on Oct. 22 has set me straight. "Standing on the fringe" and giving all sides of the issues, you let us make up our own minds rather than spoon-feeding us. You present a refreshing contrast to other environmentally concerned publications. It's an invaluable service. Long live HCN!
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Deb Dedon on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- The Sawtooths and the Castle outside Pie Town, NM