I have been on a crusade to stamp out redundancies and the use of the plural when referring to the Sierra Nevada, which means Snowy Range. It is just plain Sierra or Sierra Nevada, not Sierras or Sierra Nevadas, Sierra Nevada Mountains, or Sierra Nevada Range. Your Aug. 27 issue did get it right about a third of the time, but the number of incorrect references was between 20 and 30.
Even HCN. How sharper than a serpent's tooth.
San Francisco, California
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town