May 8, 1989
The U.S. Department of Energy is preparing to place the nation's first high-level nuclear waste repository on federal land adjacent to a former nuclear test site.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town