October 23, 1989
If scenery, wildlife and pure spectacle mean anything, Hells Canyon and its environs will someday be recognized as a national treasure. But today it is only another controversial wild area and even the controversy is local, rather than national.
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Carolyn Poissant on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman