July 31, 1989
On June 6, 75 agents from a joint FBI-EPA task force raided the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant near Denver.
On July 12, the Utah Board of State Lands and Forestry voted unanimously to approve a draft "marketing plan" to sell off 116,000 acres of state-owned-lands within Arches National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the Navajo and Goshute Indian reservations.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?