July 31, 1989
On June 6, 75 agents from a joint FBI-EPA task force raided the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant near Denver.
On July 12, the Utah Board of State Lands and Forestry voted unanimously to approve a draft "marketing plan" to sell off 116,000 acres of state-owned-lands within Arches National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the Navajo and Goshute Indian reservations.
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?
- Joel Barnes on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Louis F Good on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon