July 31, 1989
On June 6, 75 agents from a joint FBI-EPA task force raided the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant near Denver.
On July 12, the Utah Board of State Lands and Forestry voted unanimously to approve a draft "marketing plan" to sell off 116,000 acres of state-owned-lands within Arches National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the Navajo and Goshute Indian reservations.
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe