January 2, 1989
By a two-to-one margin, Grand County residents voted down a toxic waste incinerator slated for the all-but-abandoned railroad town of Cisco.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought