The U.S. Department of Energy and its private contractors aren't ready to open the first nuclear waste dump in the world. Today, nearly 10 years old, almost fully constructed and containing $700 million in hardware, the Waste Isolation Pilot Project lies in a state of limbo. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/20.24/download-entire-issue
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking
- Kate Schimel on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness