November 21, 1988
Analysis of 1988 Election results from 13 Western states.
The mining industry trumped a citizens' action group on initiatives that would have forced tougher reclamation and water protection standards and raised state taxes on gold mined by heap leaching or in open pits.
- James Foley on The land transfer movement’s great public-lands hoax
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Joe Cosentino on What if I’m not white?
- David W Hamilton on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- David Bittner on This July 4th, take a gander at the phone book