November 21, 1988
Analysis of 1988 Election results from 13 Western states.
The mining industry trumped a citizens' action group on initiatives that would have forced tougher reclamation and water protection standards and raised state taxes on gold mined by heap leaching or in open pits.
- Edward Ernest on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Brad Bardwell on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- David W Hamilton on The bid for Bears Ears
- David W Hamilton on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- David R Smith DVM on Ranch Diaries: Two years into Triangle P Cattle, we’re coming into our own