November 21, 1988
Analysis of 1988 Election results from 13 Western states.
The mining industry trumped a citizens' action group on initiatives that would have forced tougher reclamation and water protection standards and raised state taxes on gold mined by heap leaching or in open pits.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day