The Department of Energy predicts it will take 20 years to remove the haphazardly dumped material that has already contaminated the Snake River Plain Aquifer with toxic organic chemicals and has leaked plutonium into deep sediments below the site. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/20.16/download-entire-issue
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists