The Bureau of Reclamation will host a series of meetings and public hearings on the Glen Canyon Dam draft EIS from Jan. 27 through March 24. The Bureau will accept public comments until April 11.
Information Meetings, 5-9 p.m., will be held in Washington, D.C., Jan. 27, at the Stouffer Concourse Hotel; Salt Lake City, Utah, Feb. 11, at the Salt Lake Airport Hilton; Phoenix, Ariz., Feb. 16, at the YWCA Training Center; and Flagstaff, Ariz., Feb. 17, at the Little America Hotel.
Public Hearings, 7-9 p.m., will be held in Los Angeles, Calif., March 7, at the Burbank Airport Hilton; San Francisco, Calif., March 9, at the Fort Mason Conference Center; Phoenix, Ariz., March 14, at the YWCA Training Center; Flagstaff, Ariz., March 15, at the Little America Hotel; Salt Lake City, Utah, March 17, at the Salt Lake Hilton; Denver, Colo., March 21, at the Marriott Denver West; Washington, D.C., March 24, at the Dirksen Senate Office Bldg. (2-4:30 p.m.); and Washington, D.C., March 24, at the Stouffer Concourse Hotel.
For more information on Operation of Glen Canyon Dam; Draft Environmental Impact Statement, or to send comments, write the Colorado River Studies Office, Bureau of Reclamation, P.O. Box 11568, Salt Lake City, UT 84147, (801/524-5479).
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation