September 19, 1994
Timber companies are eager to log the West's still-smoldering forests.
Near Glacier Park on the North Fork of the Flathead River, a unique ecologic system is being studied.
A Native American cultural center on a hill called Avikan is threatened by a low-level radioactive waste dump.
Both ranchers and environmentalists threaten to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service over the way wolf reintroduction is being planned.
- Wendy Beye on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked