September 19, 1994
Timber companies are eager to log the West's still-smoldering forests.
Near Glacier Park on the North Fork of the Flathead River, a unique ecologic system is being studied.
A Native American cultural center on a hill called Avikan is threatened by a low-level radioactive waste dump.
Both ranchers and environmentalists threaten to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service over the way wolf reintroduction is being planned.
- Mike Sennett on Go ahead, control my guns
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock