April 27, 1987
Guru of false hopes and an overstocked range, or creator of a Socratic approach to land management?
More than any other reason, Savory owes his success thus far to the utter failure of today's range management establishment.
- Dale Lockwood on Mule deer in decline, crude oil spills and violence against federal staffers.
- G M Ferguson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Kathy Dimont on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Rich Schrader on How the West will feel groundwater shortages
- Rich Schrader on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson