The number of horses on the range doubles roughly every seven years, creating conflict between ranchers, land managers and those who see the animals as a last remnant of the Wild West. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/19.5/download-entire-issue
- Colleen Cabot on Meet the group that’s turning artists into nature’s advocates
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on Go ahead, control my guns
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jim Brandau on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.