March 2, 1987
"It sucks" is what an unidentified staffer for U.S. Department of Energy concluded about his agency's choice of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation as a candidate for the nation's first high-level nuclear waste dump.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land