February 2, 1987
An acid rain-causing copper smelter in Douglas, Ariz., closes.
The Louisiana-Pacific Corp. has mounted a controversial media campaign to win public support for increased timber sales in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?