February 2, 1987
An acid rain-causing copper smelter in Douglas, Ariz., closes.
The Louisiana-Pacific Corp. has mounted a controversial media campaign to win public support for increased timber sales in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- Renee Dixon on Stop the rock-stacking
- LaOnda Clark on Photos: A protest over imprisoned ranchers becomes an occupation of a wildlife refuge
- Daniel Greenstadt on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists