February 2, 1987
An acid rain-causing copper smelter in Douglas, Ariz., closes.
The Louisiana-Pacific Corp. has mounted a controversial media campaign to win public support for increased timber sales in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day