February 2, 1987
An acid rain-causing copper smelter in Douglas, Ariz., closes.
The Louisiana-Pacific Corp. has mounted a controversial media campaign to win public support for increased timber sales in Wyoming's Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- DOUG HASH on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Mike Senchyna on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution