September 19, 1994
Timber companies are eager to log the West's still-smoldering forests.
Near Glacier Park on the North Fork of the Flathead River, a unique ecologic system is being studied.
A Native American cultural center on a hill called Avikan is threatened by a low-level radioactive waste dump.
Both ranchers and environmentalists threaten to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service over the way wolf reintroduction is being planned.
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho