September 19, 1994
Timber companies are eager to log the West's still-smoldering forests.
Near Glacier Park on the North Fork of the Flathead River, a unique ecologic system is being studied.
A Native American cultural center on a hill called Avikan is threatened by a low-level radioactive waste dump.
Both ranchers and environmentalists threaten to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service over the way wolf reintroduction is being planned.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road