September 19, 1994
Near Glacier Park on the North Fork of the Flathead River, a unique ecologic system is being studied.
A Native American cultural center on a hill called Avikan is threatened by a low-level radioactive waste dump.
The Eastside Ecosystem Management Project seeks to plot a future for the forests of the Interior Columbia Basin.
Both ranchers and environmentalists threaten to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service over the way wolf reintroduction is being planned.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback