Scientists, land managers, educators and advocates will discuss predator conservation and biology at Defenders of Wildlife's three-day "Carnivores 2000" conference in Denver, Nov. 12-15. Register online at www.defenders.org or call 202/789-2844, ext. 315.
- Wendy Beye on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked