Among Western Republicans, McClure is the biggest loser from the Senate shift. For six years he has kept Forest Service timber and roadbuilding budgets high and Bureau of Land Management grazing fees low. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/18.22/download-entire-issue
- Morgan Bearden on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Morgan Bearden on Photos: The American town left behind in Canada
- Geoffrey Smith on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Scott Cyrus on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Geoffrey Smith on Are we smarter than the hummingbirds?