November 24, 1986
People in the West voted as Nevadans, North Dakotans and Oregonians, not as participants in a national plebiscite. See election results from 10 states and the Navajo Nation.
Among Western Republicans, McClure is the biggest loser from the Senate shift. For six years he has kept Forest Service timber and roadbuilding budgets high and Bureau of Land Management grazing fees low.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road