"The world is older, bigger and more interesting than we are. Growth is the enemy. Every organism grows to optimum space, then stops." If it doesn't, he says, it's a freak, which means our overblown and overdone technological civilization is headed for a great explosion, followed by collapse. "That's why I'm an optimist." Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/18.17/download-entire-issue
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?