A Grand Canyon National Park superintendent spent much of this summer sifting advice from the public on how to reduce noise from airplanes and helicopters flying in the 1,900-square mile park. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/18.16/download-entire-issue
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Shell’s giving up drilling in the Arctic Ocean. Now what?
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point