We immediately found two errors on the front page of your article "Unleashing the Snake" (HCN, 12/20/99). Lower Granite Dam is not in Idaho - it is in Washington (see your map on page 11). And coho salmon are not also called king - they are called silver (the king is also called chinook). We learned this from our (grand)father, who during his working life designed some of the dams on the Columbia and Snake and during retirement fished for salmon from his home in Sequim, Wash.
Estes Park, Colorado
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Jim Scarborough on For climate activists, a bright spot in a dismal election
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies