We immediately found two errors on the front page of your article "Unleashing the Snake" (HCN, 12/20/99). Lower Granite Dam is not in Idaho - it is in Washington (see your map on page 11). And coho salmon are not also called king - they are called silver (the king is also called chinook). We learned this from our (grand)father, who during his working life designed some of the dams on the Columbia and Snake and during retirement fished for salmon from his home in Sequim, Wash.
Estes Park, Colorado
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk